E-liquid leaking is a common and troublesome problem of electronic cigarettes. First of all, let us know what vape leaking is.
The concept of vape leaking is that the e-liquid flows out from the inside of the vape pen, such as from the outside of the oil cup, the center hole, and the atomizer bottom base,the outside of the vape pen mouth piece,or abnormal places.
Today, author visited shenzhen jieshibo technology Co.,Ltd structure engineer Ming Liu and got answer from him.We are really amazed about a vape pen product is needing so many and much programs and steps.This company such serious job let us respect very much.
Section A: Styles and causes of e-liquid leakage
1. By time style: Direct leaking and permeable leaking.
Direct leaking refers to the rapid leaks in a short time after e-liquid injection. The causes of direct leakage are generally as follows:
- Improper manual operation, such as forgetting the assembly materials, not assembling according to the process production sequence, and starting to inject e-liquid when the needle is not aligned with the oil cup/absorbent cotton.
- The machine or tooling settings are unreasonable, such as too much e-liquid injected, too short e-liquid injection time, too big needle, and too deep needle inserted into cotton.
- The material quality is poor, for example, the sealing ring has defects, damage, deformation, shrinkage, size error, etc.
Permeable leaking is slow e-liquid leaks, which can only be reflected after time or environmental changes. The main reasons for permeable leakage are as follows:
- The product structure design is unreasonable.For example: the air tightness is not well designed, the limit tolerance collocation is unreasonable, and the material selection is not considered carefully.
- Material problems, such as the density of e-liquid, the size of hardware exceeding the specified error, material damage, deformation, etc.
- Environmental factors, such as maladaptation of e-liquid or other components caused by temperature difference in the morning and evening, negative pressure in air transportation, and extreme weather.
- Chemical reaction, for example, some e-liquid contains fruit acid, which reacts with PC PP plastic material to cause cracks.
- Other reasons, such as high sensitivity of the air flow sensor control, e-liquid leaks after automatic start, product being squeezed by external force, etc.
2. By other style: Inhale leaking, normal temperature static leaking,and reliability test leaking
Inhale leaking can be divided into flying oil and condensate：
- Flying oil refers to the e-liquid that is directly inhaled into the mouth without atomization. Generally, the condensate is occasionally inhaled into the mouth from the vape pen hole due to the large oil inlet hole or the too wide cotton design.
- This kind of water droplet is usually formed by the condensation of “atomized steam”, which is a normal phenomenon, not an leaking.
Normal temperature static leaking is generally caused by human operation, unreasonable design of oiling machine parameters, wrong use of tools, material problems, design defects, volume increase caused by oil absorption, and other factors.
Reliability test leaking includes high altitude negative pressure, constant temperature and humidity, high temperature, low temperature, cold and hot shock, vibration, drop, simulated transportation, and is generally caused by human operation, improper design of oiling machine parameters, improper use of tools, material problems, design defects and other factors.
Section A:anti-leak method
1. Precautions before production:
- The structural design should be cautious, the reasonable tolerance should be required to the limit, and the material selection should be appropriate (PCTG PETG is recommended for plastic parts in contact with e-liquid).
- In strict accordance with the new product import specification and APQP management process, each stage needs to output documents and results. The next stage of testing should be conducted after the previous stage of testing is qualified, so that the introduction of new products can be guaranteed.
- Make preparations before mass production, such as documents, machinery and equipment, working fixtures, turnover pallets, materials after inspection, and training qualified operators.
2. Precautions during production:
- Carry out assembly line production according to the process progress, prepare the first article according to the SOP operation specification, record the test procedure and report, notify the technical personnel to deal with the abnormity in time, and identify and isolate the products with hidden dangers.
- Materials shall be inspected according to the specifications, drawings, samples, SIP, and qualified products shall be labeled with green labels. There is one MRB process for materials. Materials that pass the MRB review shall be labeled with yellow labels, and returned materials shall be labeled with red labels, and the material supplier shall be notified in time for handling.
- The e-liquid injection machine shall be debugged according to the specifications and SOP. After debugging, the first article shall be made for inspection by the quality control personnel. Only after it is qualified can it be produced in batch. The parameters cannot be changed by the operator at will.
- Tooling management tool import shall be verified together with quality control personnel and production personnel. After debugging, the first article shall be inspected by quality control personnel, and batch production can be conducted only after it is qualified. The operator’s operation methods and steps cannot be changed at will.
- IPQC shall strictly refer to BOM, drawings, SIP, SOP, QCP operation for the first article. Patrol inspection personnel shall pay attention to personnel flow, material replacement, machine abnormal noise, etc., and notify technical personnel in time to deal with abnormalities, and identify and isolate products with hidden dangers.
- FQC and OQC operate in strict accordance with the SIP and SOP, record the test problem points and data, notify the technicians in time for handling the abnormalities, and identify and isolate the products with hidden dangers.
- Before and after the shift, before and after the shift management, the operator can leave the pull line only after the pull is turned off. After the e-liquid injection, the bottom cover should be pressed in time every day to prevent the flavor variation caused by the volatile e-liquid.
- It is necessary to change the taste and mark the taste and quantity in time to prevent mixed taste and serial taste.
- Do a good job in batch management, collect and use e-liquid according to the principle of first in first out, and pay attention to the matching of radium carving and e-liquid.
- The defective products shall be marked for repair. The repaired products must pass the QC inspection before they can be pulled down. The repaired products and the normal products shall be separated.
- The oil cup shall be packed upside down and the protective label of the outer box shall be pasted.
- The e-liquid leakage products in the production process shall be jointly researched and developed, and the quality, engineer and production leader shall dismantle the machine for analysis together. The quality PQE shall take the lead, and the leader and completion time shall be clear.
The peroration:after engineer Ming Liu’s exactly explain.We get lean about why my vape leaking knowledge.And also praise shenzhen jieshibo technology Co.,Ltd rigorous production manner.fully deserve of top leading disposable vape pen manufacturer in China.lets thumb up!
15 January,2023 by VPFIT jsbvape.com team