Why did cigarette sales rise in 2021 after falling over the last 16 years?November 23, 2021
California impose new retail vape tax and fund public programs.November 30, 2021
Understanding the functions of vaping and getting your hands around complex terminology can be difficult if you’re new to it. Navigating the world of vaping is easier with a little information, from selecting the appropriate e-juice from a catalog of thousands to settling on the coil that best suits your device. These vaping glossaries will provide novice vapers with important vocabulary that will make their vaping experience much more enjoyable.
- Adapter: A device that allows parts that were not initially designed for the e-cigarette to be connected to a device. A different battery from the regular model is an example.
- ADV: Stands for ‘All Day Vape,’ and refers to an e-Liquid that a consumer is content to vape all day for an extended period of time.
- APV: Advanced personal vaporizer, which often includes a separate tank, battery, and atomizer.
- Atomizer: One of the most important parts of an e-cigarette, it turns e-liquid to vapor.
- Atty: Atomizer is slang for “Atty.”
- Automatic: A type of e-cigarette that activates on inhalation rather than pressing a button.
- Auto Shut Off: A safety function that automatically shuts down the device if it detects overheating.
- Atomizer Wick: A small mesh ‘Bridge’ that aids in the flow of e-liquid to the atomizer.
- Airflow: This is the amount of air given to your atomizer’s coils, which might affect how your draw feels when inhaling from the device. More airflow results in more vapor.
- Battery: Powers the atomizer that converts the e-liquid into vapor. Batteries can be one-time use or rechargeable.
- Batt: Slang term for a Battery.
- Base Liquid: The base mixture to which other ingredients are added to create a complete e-liquid. This typically comprises of VG (vegetable glycerine) and PG (propylene glycol).
- Base Mix: This is the base liquid with Nicotine added. Users can then add their own flavorings as desired.
- Battery Cut Off: Automatic batteries generally have a cutoff to prevent them from burning out, the cutoff may kick in at around 6 to 12 seconds.
- Blanks: Dry cartridges that contain only filler that a user can fill with e-Liquid.
- Box Mod: A type of APV that is square-shaped. They offer more power than their tube counterparts.
- Bridge: Another name for the Atomizer Wick.
- Cartridge: The part of the e-cigarette that contains the e-Liquid.
- Cartomizer: A device that combines an atomizer and a cartridge.
- Clouds: A term used to describe the vapor produced by an e-cigarette.
- Cloud Chaser: A word used to describe vapers who attempt to create the largest vapor cloud possible.
- Coil: The coil, which is found in the atomizer, heats the e-Liquid.
- Cig-a-Like: An e-cigarette that resembles a traditional cigarette in appearance.
- Charger: The device used to charge an e-cigarette.
- Deep Lung: A method of vaping in which the user inhales the vapor straight into their lungs after taking a long draw.
- Dripping: Dripping is a technique for adding e-Liquid to the atomizer. A few drops are dripped directly onto the coil by the user. Many people say it produces better vapor and has a nicer taste.
- Drip Tip: A tip that replaces standard tips and allows for direct dripping onto the atomizer.
- Draw: The term used in standard cigarettes to refer to the equivalent of the term ‘Drag.’ The process of sucking air through an e-cigarette is known as the draw.
- Dry Burn: When there is no e-Liquid in the cartridge, you draw on your e-cigarette.
- Direct-to-Lung: This is a more airy style of inhaling that creates more vapor than usual.
- Dry Hit: If your atomizer isn’t correctly wicked, you may get a nasty, burned, and dry flavor known as a dry hit.
- E-Cig: An abbreviation for electronic cigarette.
- E-Cigarette: An abbreviation for electronic cigarette.
- E-Juice: Another name for e-liquid.
- E-Liquid: The liquid that is evaporated when using an electronic cigarette.
- E-Smoking: A broad term for the use of electronic cigarettes
- Electronic Cigarette: The main word for the device used to heat e-Liquid and produce a vapor that the user can inhale.
- Filler: The absorbent material found within a cartridge. It is used to assist in delivering e-Liquid to the atomizer without flooding it.
- Flavorings: Flavorings are added to e-Liquids to give them a distinct flavor. Many liquids try to generate flavors that are similar to well-known foods or drinks.
- Flooding: When too much liquid reaches the atomizer, it can cause flooding.
- French Hit: A vaping technique in which the vapor escapes the mouth and is inhaled through the nose. Also referred to as a ‘Mouth to Lung Hit.’
- High Resistance (HR): A high OHM reading atomizer used for high voltage vaping.
- Hybrid: A hybrid mod is also referred to as a hybrid. They are e-cigarettes that combine the atomizer and battery holder into a single device for a more streamlined appearance.
- Juice: An abbreviation for e-Liquid.
- Kick: A word that is occasionally used to describe the throat hit felt during vaping.
- Leaking: When too much liquid is added to the cartridge, it can leak. Liquid can flow into the battery, causing damage.
- Li-on: An abbreviation for lithium-ion batteries.
- Low Resistance (LR): For low voltage vaping, an atomizer with a low Ohm is used. This creates more vapor but consumes more battery power. This creates more vapor but consumes more battery power.
- LED: LED is an abbreviation for light emitting diode. This is the light that illuminates at the end of an e-cigarette to simulate a traditional cigarette.
- Liquid: E-Liquid is referred to as a liquid.
- MAH: An abbreviation of milliampere-hour. It is an acronym for the ability of a battery to store energy.
- Manual: A type of electronic cigarette that is activated by pressing a button.
- Mechanical Mod: Also referred to as a ‘Mech Mod.’ There are no electrical components in these.
- MG: A milligram strength per millilitre abbreviation. The nicotine strength of the e-Liquid is determined by MG.
- Mesh: The atomizer bridge’s cover, which is often made of stainless steel.
- Mouth-to-Lung Inhale: A method of inhaling similar to smoking cigarettes, but with less vapor created.
- Nicotine: This substance is found in natural tobacco and is added to e-Liquids to replicate the nicotine hit of traditional cigarettes.
- Nic: Nic is referred to nicotine as a slang term.
- Nic Juice: A slang word for Nicotine-containing e-Liquid.
- Ohm: Electrical resistance is measured in ohms.
- Pass-Through: A device that can be plugged into a USB port and bypass the battery. This allows the user to vape without having to worry about running out of battery life.
- Pen Style: Pen Style E-cigarettes have the shape of a pen and are small and thin.
- PG: Polyethylene Glycol is an abbreviation for Polyethylene Glycol, which is a popular ingredient in many e-Liquids. It is one of the two primary base ingredients of e-Liquids.
- Resistance: The electrical resistance provided by an atomizer.
- Rebuildables: This term is used by more expert vapers to describe a tank or atomizer that lets you to change coils and wicks.
- RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser): There is no tank to contain liquid in this rebuildable atomizer, so users must drip straight onto the wicks or cotton.
- RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser): This holds liquids in a chamber and feeds them to the coils. Users must set up coils and wicks themselves rather than purchasing pre-made coils.
- Silica: The most commonly used material for wicks.
- Starter Kits: Many e-cigarette companies offer a starter kit that includes everything you need to get started vaping.
- Steeping: The process of maturing an e-Liquid by exposing it to air and enabling the ingredients to settle.
- Sub-ohming: A method used by expert vapers to create massive vapor clouds.
- Salt Nicotine: These are usually used in pod devices and allow for larger nicotine levels while maintaining a smooth hit. They are more effective than normal nicotine liquids because they enter the bloodstream quickly.
- Tank: A glass or plastic chamber that holds the e-Liquid.
- Throat Hit: The sensation on the back of the throat as vapor reaches it. Many vapers enjoy recreating the throat hit that traditional cigarettes provide.
- TPD: TPD is an abbreviation for the Tobacco Products Directive.
- Vaper: Individuals who use electronic cigarettes are referred to as “vapers.”
- Vape/Vaping: The practice of using an electronic cigarette.
- Vape Juice: A term used to describe e-liquid
- Vapor: A cloud created by an electronic cigarette.
- Vegetable Glycerol (VG): One of the two basic base ingredients used in the production of e-Liquids.
- Variable Voltage (VV): Allows the user to adjust the voltage on their device.
- Variable Wattage (VW): Allows the user to change the wattage of their device.
- Wadding: Another term for the filler that goes inside the cartridges that hold the juice.
- Wick: The wick, which is made of silica, aids in the passage of liquid to the atomizer.
- Watts: The amount of heat provided to your vaporizer is measured in watts.
- Zero-Nic: Zero-Nic: An e-Liquid with no nicotine.